Program Not Available
The City of Perris is not accepting applications at this time. If you wish to be contacted when or if the program is available, please fill out the interest list form and submit it to the Housing Authority Department. If you have any questions, please contact the Housing Authority.
Download the Interest Form
The First Time Homebuyer Program (FTHB) is designed to provide qualified families with upto $65,000 for down payment assistance to secure financing towards the purchase of an existing or newly constructed home.
• Property—Must be in the incorporated City of Perris limits
• Borrower—A first-time home buyer or any person who has not owned a home in the last 3 years
• Minimum Down Payment—1% of the purchase price
• Must meet HOME Income limits (Riverside County Area)
• Must apply with a City of Perris approved lender
• FTHB may be used with conventional, Veterans, Fixed-Rate loan, and with FHA/FNMA/FHLMC with 30 or 40 year terms
• No variable/adjustable rates, or balloon payments
• Attend an 8-hour Home buyer Education class (HUD approved)
• The new home must be used as the borrower’s Primary Residence
• FTHB City Approved Participating Lenders List
For more information and to register for a HUD-approved homebuyer education workshop.
First Time Homebuyer Staff
Here are the contacts at the City of Perris who can assist you:
Principal Management Analyst
Phone: (951) 943-5003 ext. 496